The Content Design Academy
Many talented content people are missing out on content design work because they don’t have the right ‘hands-on’ experience. We are changing that.
The Content Design Academy combines the learning of our training with practical work. All our techniques are based on best practice developed on projects we have worked on over the past decade.
Over 12 weeks you will be working on content discovery, production and planning.
Taking place 1 evening a week over 12 weeks, it will give you the chance to complete an example content design project guided by industry-leading experts.
This is a hands-on course where you will be producing content for a prototype. We will walk you through all the aspects of a content project:
- understanding your audience
- writing targeted content
- measuring success
- looking at the bigger picture (content strategy)
What you get out of it
After the course you will be able to:
- carry out focused discovery research,
- identify and validate user needs,
- create accessible user-focused content,
- analyse data and set success and value metrics,
- talk about all the elements of an agile content design project,
- show a content design example you have worked on,
- talk about content design within your organisation from team to board level.
Time and location
14 September to 30 November 2021.
Every Tuesday from 6.30pm to 8:30pm. This course is run via Zoom.
We will also give you assignments which will need some study time at home and collaboration with other participants.
We will expect you to:
- have some experience in content - journalism, tech author, copywriter etc all fine – you don’t need to be a content designer,
- be available to commit to about 4.5 hours a week,
- own a reliable, wifi-enabled laptop you can use for the duration of the course,
- have access to Google docs.
Cost: £2,395 + VAT
Discounts: if you have been on our previous 2-day content design courses, you can claim a 10% discount. Please get in touch with us for the code.
“It gave me the skills and practical experience to solidify the theory I already had, and I've been able to use the Academy project as an example of my work to clients and my new employer. It also opened me up to a great network of other content designers - one of whom became a client of mine - and the course paid for itself within only a few months.”Amy Grinstead
The academy is currently being run online.
New course starts September 2021.