To launch CDL’s international courses we are giving you the chance to win 1 of 4 prizes. Enter to win a place on our 2-day course in 1 of these locations:
- The Hague, The Netherlands (this course is taught in Dutch),
- Sydney, Australia,
- Manchester, England,
- San Francisco, USA.
Travel and accommodation are not included in the prize, sorry.
If you have booked a place on 1 of the above courses already you can still enter. If you win we will refund what you have already paid, so there’s nothing to stop you entering.
Our courses usually sell out with a waiting list. Sydney is filling fast. And we have a lot of interest in our other new course locations.
How to enter
Our competition question: how would you define or describe content design?
Share your response on Twitter using any content type you like. Remember content designers aren’t limited to words.
You need to:
- tag @ContentDesignLN,
- add the right hashtag,
- post your reply between Wednesday 16th October and 6pm on Wednesday 23rd October.
The competition closes at 6pm on 23 October.
Aim to make your content inclusive and accessible. For example:
- use respectful language that does not exclude anyone,
- add captions to videos for screen readers,
- create clear content that all users can understand, whatever their subject knowledge, literacy level or access challenge.
Find more inclusive content design examples on the Readability Guidelines wiki.
Competition rules and dates
These rules apply:
- the competition will run for 1 week from Wednesday 16th October until 6pm GMT on Wednesday 23rd,
- winners will be announced on Twitter @ContentDesignLN,
- if you win you will need to supply your email address and contact details for us to send you the full information: email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a direct message on Twitter,
- you will have 48 hours to claim your prize.
Pick a country, choose your hashtag.
Remember to tag @ContentDesignLN on your entry. You also need to add the correct hashtag for the country you want to attend the course in:
- The Hague, Netherlands: use #ContentDesignNL
- Sydney, Australia: use #ContentDesignOz
- Manchester, England: use #ContentDesignManchester
- San Francisco, USA: use #ContentDesignUSA
You can use additional tweets or thread tweets to enter. There’s no limit, but remember an important part of content design is to be concise.
We cannot wait to see your entries!