Content strategy course
This 2 day training course is streamed live from the UK. It is designed for content designers and other digital practitioners who want to develop an overall plan and set the direction for their future content.
Who it’s for
You should be familiar with the basics of content design, such as user needs, user journeys and content formats.
What you’ll learn
Building on the principles of content design, this course will help you develop a content strategy that includes the most important aspects of user-centred content, including:
- content components - getting the building blocks for your content right,
- content principles - your content proposition and defining success,
- content shape - how your content is presented and organised,
- workflow and ways of working.
At the end of the 2 days you’ll be able to develop your own content strategy including:
- identifying super needs and journeys to base new content on,
- working to both business and user needs,
- developing core messages as the foundation of your content,
- defining what you do and do not want to publish,
- establishing how you measure success, and what that looks like for your users,
- developing a workflow that allows everyone to work together,
- creating consistency across all your content.
Where and when the course happens
The course is taught online using Zoom. It starts each day at 10 am and finishes at 4 pm. On both days, we have a morning break and an afternoon break, and 1 hour for lunch.
- a good internet connection,
- an up to date web browser,
- a webcam.
How you’ll learn
The course is taught in small groups, so our class sizes are never more than 14 people. You’ll complete individual exercises, group work and take part in discussions. You’ll also have the chance to get 1 to 1 support.
Content Design London’s courses are CPD accredited. This means our programmes have been reviewed independently and certified for their quality. If you complete the course, you will receive a certificate which most UK employers recognise.