1-day writing for the web course
This course is suited to people who want an introduction to writing for the web. Perhaps you are a social media manager, journalist or copywriter who would like to be more user-centred in your writing.
In this one-day course you will find out:
- how to find what your audience is talking about and how they are talking about it (this will help you appear high in search engine rankings
- ways to discover what people want from you without expensive lab research (this will help you get your audience’s attention and keep it)
- how people read (and don’t read) web pages on different devices
- what makes successful content
- how to structure your page to help people remember content and take action
- making titles work – you have few words to get people’s attention in search results. Every word matters – especially the titles. Make them work for you.
We’ll also cover the latest research on digital behaviour and ways to analyse successful content.
You’ll choose the topic or subject you will write about, so at the end of the day you will have a page of user-centred content that is ready to publish.
Classes are small to allow for 1:1 tuition throughout the day. There’s plenty of time for questions.
Next open course:
30 April 2020