2-day content design course
This CPD-certified course is for people who have some experience in writing for the web but would like a complete grounding in producing user-centred, evidence-based content.
We run this course publicly in London and other locations throughout the UK several times a year or, if you have a team to train, we can run a bespoke course at your office.
Whichever route you take, by the end of this 2-day course you will:
- be able to write in a way that works with how humans read – the most efficient way of getting your message across
- know how to find and use the vocabulary your audience uses
- have different methods of creating very targeted, user-focused content
- be up to date with the latest research on digital user-behaviour
- know how to have tricky conversations with data (perfect for getting sign-off)
- have techniques to work collaboratively with others
We will run through:
- journey mapping – so you know what channel your audience is on, when you need to make content available and when not to
- structuring your page
- using data to improve your content
- user stories and job stories – when to use which agile technique and why
- reading psychology – how humans read and take in information
- peer review and pair writing – why do it and how it can stop arguments with lawyers/marketing/people with sign-off
- content crits: a great technique for collaborative working
- Accessible legal content including communicating the new GDPR rules
You will work on your own content so you will leave with content that is relevant and that you can use the day after the course.
Read some of our testimonials.
Next open courses:
coronavirus (COVID-19) update: we will be running this course online until further notice. For more information please read our blog post. If you’d like to chat through, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
15 and 16 April
12 and 13 May
06 and 07 May
02 and 03 June
09 and 10 June
23 and 24 June